Tuesday, April 15, 2008

We've been a bit sick around here lately. Willow had some stomach thing last Wednesday that made her puke all morning and since then she has had diarrhea on a regular basis. Each of those times it managed to leak and ruin her clothes. Then I got sick with a cold or something Friday that just sucked the life out of me for days. I'm still tired. Jason got sick Sunday night. He tried to go to work Monday but couldn't. That same morning Luke threw up all his breakfast. So I had a basket full of poopy and puke clothes. I was downstairs pre-treating this disgusting mess like a good mom. And what do I get as a reward? Willow decides to crawl for the first time and I missed it. Jason, however, was recording her when she did it. (Did I mention I missed her rolling over for the first time, as well?)



I feel some redemption, though, as Willow has started saying her first real word: "Mama". She had been saying mamama and other sounds indiscriminately for months, but over the past few days, I have become convinced that she knows what she is saying and she even says it on command and smiles at me. She also started waving last week and clapping a few weeks before that. Things are starting to happen quickly. It's about to get exciting and scary. How do I hide the dog food?

2 comments:

Angela said...

Yeah!!!!!!! Good job Willow.

Todd Bacon said...

That made me smile. Way to go Willow.