Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Everyone Deserves a Big Breakfast

I have great memories of big breakfasts with my parents. If we went to church on Saturday night, my mom would make us a big breakfast on Sunday morning with eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage or bacon, toast...you name it. It was like a buffet only we ate everything.

I woke up Sunday morning thinking about that since we had gone to church the night before. I wondered why I never made big breakfasts for my family. Then I realized it's because I'm tired in the morning. I just want a cup of coffee. I felt bad.

Everyone deserves a big breakfast every once in awhile. But it doesn't have to be in the morning.



So later we we went to the store and got sausage and biscuits. I made milk and sausage gravy from scratch just like my moms. I thought it was delicious, if I do say so myself. Luke and Willow also loved it. Abby and Jason, not so much. I also made sausage patties and links and fried eggs. It was very filling and worth it for the memories. I doubt it meant anything to the others, but it was special for me.

4 comments:

Todd Bacon said...

Breakfast dinner rocks. I don't usually eat until I've been up for about 5 hours (it's my diet plan), but that may be because I usually eat something from 10:00 - midnight. =o)

The breakfast looks delish!

Jason said...

The breakfast was good. I'm just not a gravy guy. I felt like the proverbial "wounded grizzly bear" afterward. I think I could feel the gravy running thru my veins. Good for the heart...

Kristina said...

That is so cool!
I LOVE breakfast food!
I'll eat your gravey!

Kristina said...

ok, that probably didn't sound good. What I meant to say is the next time you want to make gravey and Jason doesn't want to eat any, I help you get rid of it.