Monday, August 25, 2008

Race for the Cure


September 21, 2008. That morning I will be running in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. And what is the point of running? How will that find a cure for breast cancer? It won't, but lots of money might. Normally when I run a race, I do it for me. I pay the fee and get a free t-shirt. Good enough. But this race is different. Yes, I pay a fee and get a t-shirt, but this isn't just a race. I want it to matter. Please consider helping me run with purpose by donating to Race for the Cure.

Please visit my Race page to make an online donation.

If you know me personally and would rather just give me the money, that will work too.

I have less than 4 weeks to make this work. Please help me out. If you make a donation of $25 I will write your name on the back of my running shirt, like NASCAR. I will consider business ad space as well. For $50 I will write your name on my skin like a tattoo.

You might feel bad if you don't donate. That's all I'm saying.

2 comments:

Todd Bacon said...

How much for permanent marker on the forehead?

Laura said...

Next semester's tuition.